Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Logo Reflection

I think the greatest challenge of this project was trying to keep the design as simple as possible, but still having it display the meaning behind the club. If I included too much, it would be too complex to be a logo, but if I didn't include much at all, the logo would barely represent the club at all. The difficulty was finding the balance between both. I broke this challenge by using simple images of chess pieces and their positions to convey a sense of importance in the game. I recognized that all pieces were important, but their positions were determined by what others said were the most vital and powerful. These few images and positions in the logo helped me solve the problem of balancing simplicity with representation.

My logo:

Logo Presentation Board:

I'd say one of the most successful aspects about my design was how I was able to create a compact design that allowed my to convey the club well. I also think that the blur effect was a successful aspect of the logo because it helps create a focal point, which helps show importance of certain pieces.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one of the biggest challenges was illustrator itself. It apparently doesn't like me very much, but that's okay because the feeling is mutual. Unless I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment